Thursday, March 3, 2011

March is National Women's History (Herstory) Month!

I bet you already knew that, though, didn't you?

This year's theme, according to The National Women's History Project, is "Our History Is Our Strength":
"Knowing the challenges these women faced, grappled with and overcame can be an enormous source of strength to all of us. During today's difficult times, Our History is Our Strength can serve as an important reminder to our nation that adversity can be overcome."
Now, in honor of National Women's History month, St. Cloud State University's Women's Center will be bringing author/activist Courtney E. Martin to speak to the campus about her new book, Do It Anyway: The New Generation of Activists. So, if you're in the St. Cloud area on March 29th, be sure to stop by campus and check it out.

I will be doing a series of posts, titled "Wonderful Women of March." This will be my way of commemorating National Women's History month. I will be writing about the strong, independent women in my life that have helped shaped me into the person I am today. So, be on the lookout for that!

1 comment: