Friday, April 8, 2011

I've caught you in your feminism...

... oh, yes I have.

So, I've just decided (as of ten minutes ago) that I'm doing a new series called, "I've Caught You in Your Feminism." This series is dedicated to the those who claim that they're not feminists, yet have feminists ideals. To those who want nothing to do with feminism, YET believe in the core principles of feminism. To those who are so determined to stay out feminism. To those that give me so much shit about being a feminist and for standing my ground on my beliefs. To those same people that secretly believe in the same equality that I do, even if they are completely oblivious to it.


This is my little, "HAHA" in your face for catching you in your feminism.

How it happened:

My sister, whom I love dearly and whom isn't very supportive of my feminism, was explaining how her boyfriend's mother was giving them a "sex" talk. The sex talk was religiously driven and my sister didn't really care for it. She was ranting and raving about how she was angry she was, and then it happened...

She placed her left hand on her hip, and the other in the air very matter-of-factly and stated, "No one is going to tell me what to do with my body!"

Cue the finger-pointing and the "I told you so" from me that ensued there after.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenna. This is probably the BEST idea ever. I'd read this series everyday. My sister is the exact same way. So many people are. I love that you thought to blog about it. PERFECT!!! <3

    ReplyDelete