Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cool Finds

So, I thank everyone who read my previous blog entry about Courtney Martin - and even better, she actually commented on it! What a wonderful gesture. It's nice to know that she speaks very fondly of her fans and followers.

So today, one of my co-workers found this really interesting and comical website pertaining to Emergency Contraception.

The website is titled, "Why The Fuck Should I Use EC?" and had my attention instantly. Funny how that works, huh? My favorite replies, by far, being "In the sober light of day you don't actually want to have his fucking children" and "Your boyfriend won't stop playing Wii (or xbox) long enough to help you with a fucking baby." So great. I think the F-bomb makes everything more serious, yet hilarious.

The other cool find that I wanted to share was a video from the National Youth Poetry Slam. The piece is titled, "This is For You," and is performed at the Sacred Grounds Cafe in Arcata, CA, by Isaac Miller and Ulises Dorantes. They were finalists back in 2005, and I know, I know... it's so outdated, but it's so inspiring. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment