Friday, May 6, 2011

Women's Contributions to the Web

For my Women and Computer's class, one of our assingments was to research and create a "digital story" about a woman who has made a well-known contribution to the world wide web. The woman I chose to research was Emily Boyd, co-founder of the "Remember the Milk" application. If you haven't ever checked out the app before, please do so, as you can:
  • Manage tasks from anywhere
  • Get email, SMS, or IM reminders
  • Share your tasks
  • Access from your phone
  • Manage tasks offline
  • Use with Google Calendar
  • Add tasks from iGoogle
I'm always one for more organization, and when it comes to an application like this, it just makes everything a little bit more easy.

The more I thought about women's contributions to the internet and such, I got to thinking that the internet is a place where women can be heard - where women can make great strides in the gender gap - possibly even start to breach the digital divide. The internet offers so many different mediums where one could blog, video blog, communicate, and create programs that are used by thousands, if not millions, of people.

I love the idea of more women on the internet working together and creating great resources that I know I will use. Keep up the great work, women!

No comments:

Post a Comment